All online classes are for out of town (10+ miles from Sugar Land) students ONLY
Each year, 15-20 of our students qualify for USA(J)MO including USAMO and USAJMO winners. Among them, usually 5-6 qualify for MOP.
2019 Fall Online Classes
Classes CM401, CM501, CM503, CM601, and CM701 are offered online. Estimated weekly commitment is about 3-5 hours (watching videos, online sessions, homework etc.)
If a student misses an online class, the recorded video will be available for 4 weeks.
- Instructor: Mrs. Nal
- Monday 5 – 7pm
- Dates: 9/9 to 12/2 (No class on 11/25)
- Parents’ online access to check the student’s progress and scores on homework etc.
- Prerequisite: Completion of CM401 or Instructor Approval
- Fee: $829
Momentum Learning Online Courses are Online Instructor Led teaching classes (via ZOOM) combined with weekly homework and other online assignments.
We will use Zoom video and Canvas LMS to work with students. Apps for Canvas and Zoom are available on IOS and Android. When students log into Canvas LMS, they will be able to see videos, handouts and assigned homework on their dashboard. When a quiz or homework is completed, students will get immediate feedback. (For medium to challenging problems solutions will be provided.)
Mrs. Nal is a nationally well known mathematics teacher focused on contest math. As a math coach, Mrs. Nal taught State and National MATHCOUNTS participants, USA(J)MO qualifiers, MOSP attendees, USAJMO winners/honorable mentions. She was the coach of the TX MATHCOUNTS Team that placed 1st at Nationals in three consecutive years, 2018, 2017 and 2016, 3rd in 2011 and 7th in 2015. In 2018 and 2017, 2 of her students were the MATHCOUNTS NATIONALS Champion and Runner-Up. In 2016, all her 4 students made top 12 in the nation.
Each year, 70-100% of the top finishers at Houston MATHCOUNTS chapter are Momentum Learning students. In 2019, 9 out of the top 10 students at Texas MATHCOUNTS State are Momentum Learning Students.
Mrs. Nal is currently coaching the Quail Valley GT Academy team who won 2015-2019 Texas State MATHCOUNTS. She is a two time recipient of the MAA’s Edyth May Sliffe Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Raytheon MathMovesU Heroes Award.
Dr. Nal has a deep passion for teaching math and its applications. He has special interest in utilizing games and experiments to explain fundamental ideas and concepts in math, economics and finance.
He’s also been helping high school students prepare for Math Olympiads over the years. Some of his students went on to become MOSP attendees, JMO Honorable Mentions, and JMO winners recently. He was a mathematics major as an undergraduate in Turkey.
Dr. Nal also creates his own videos with solutions to USAMO and other math problems in his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/osmannal). The Channel is growing every day with over a hundred videos that can be used as a resource for those starting their journey to Olympiad problem solving.
CM401 (Mrs. Nal) – Video
CM701 (Dr. Nal) – Video
What to do
- Register online
- Receive invoice in 2 business days via email
- Pay online via
- No additional charge – Chase Quickpay (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- No additional charge – Any bank that is a part of Zelle (Bank of America, BBVA Compass, Capitol One, Citi, Comerica Bank, Morgan Stanley, PNC, SunTrust, TD Bank, Wells Fargo, etc.). For a complete list, click here. Send the money to email@example.com or
- 1.5% processing fee – ACH (to Momentum Learning Academy: routing #111000614, business checking#810388202)
- 3.5% processing fee – Pay online with a credit card to our Paypal account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pay with a check – payable to “Momentum learning Academy”, mail to 2442 Settlers Way, Sugar Land, TX 77479
- Receive detailed online class information via email prior to starting of class (after payment is completed).
- Refund Policy for Online Classes: No refunds after the 3rd class. Students are allowed to drop before third class (1st and 2nd classes will be charged).