All online classes are for out of town (10+ miles from our office) students ONLY
Each year, 15-20 of our students qualify for USA(J)MO including USAMO and USAJMO winners. Among them, usually 5-6 qualify for MOP.
2019 Fall Online Classes
Classes CM301, CM401, CM501, CM503, CM601, and CM701 are offered online. Estimated weekly commitment is about 4-6 hours (attending online class, homework etc.)
Recorded videos are usually available within 1-2 business days for viewing. If a student misses an online class, the recorded videos will be available for 4 weeks.
- Sunday 4 – 6pm Central Time
- Instructor: Steve B
- Dates: 9/8 to 12/8 (No class on 11/24, 12/1)
- Recommended for students in Grades 6-8.
- Fee: $579
This online class will cover the same content as our in-person class.
A free online 1-hr weekly TA session will be provided to go over the homework problems. Date/time TBD. Recorded video will be available if you miss the TA session.
- Instructor: Nal, M
- Monday 5:30 – 7:30pm Central Time (Time pushed back from 5pm to accommodate west coast students.)
- Dates: 9/9 to 12/2 (No class on 11/25)
- Parents’ online access to check the student’s progress and scores on homework etc.
- Prerequisite: Completion of CM401 or Instructor Approval
- Fee: $829
Momentum Learning Online Courses are Online Instructor Led teaching classes (via ZOOM) combined with weekly homework and other online assignments.
We will use Zoom video and Canvas LMS to work with students. Apps for Canvas and Zoom are available on IOS and Android. When students log into Canvas LMS, they will be able to see videos, handouts and assigned homework on their dashboard. When a quiz or homework is completed, students will get immediate feedback. (For medium to challenging problems solutions will be provided.)
Mrs. Nal is a nationally well known mathematics teacher focused on contest math. As a math coach, Mrs. Nal taught State and National MATHCOUNTS participants, USA(J)MO qualifiers, MOSP attendees, USAJMO winners/honorable mentions. She was the coach of the TX MATHCOUNTS Team that placed 1st at Nationals in three consecutive years, 2018, 2017 and 2016, 3rd in 2011 and 7th in 2015. In 2018 and 2017, 2 of her students were the MATHCOUNTS NATIONALS Champion and Runner-Up. In 2016, all her 4 students made top 12 in the nation.
Each year, 70-100% of the top finishers at Houston MATHCOUNTS chapter are Momentum Learning students. In 2019, 9 out of the top 10 students at Texas MATHCOUNTS State are Momentum Learning Students.
Mrs. Nal is currently coaching the Quail Valley GT Academy team who won 2015-2019 Texas State MATHCOUNTS. She is a two time recipient of the MAA’s Edyth May Sliffe Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Raytheon MathMovesU Heroes Award.
Dr. Nal has a deep passion for teaching math and its applications. He has special interest in utilizing games and experiments to explain fundamental ideas and concepts in math, economics and finance.
He’s also been helping high school students prepare for Math Olympiads over the years. Some of his students went on to become MOSP attendees, JMO Honorable Mentions, and JMO winners recently. He was a mathematics major as an undergraduate in Turkey.
Dr. Nal also creates his own videos with solutions to USAMO and other math problems in his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/osmannal). The Channel is growing every day with over a hundred videos that can be used as a resource for those starting their journey to Olympiad problem solving.
CM401 (Mrs. Nal) – Video
CM701 (Dr. Nal) – Video
What to do
- New user registration or returning use logging in.
- Add classes. After adding classes, select “GO TO NEXT STEP” on the bottom right.
- Check out and payment selection:
- If you pay with a credit card or paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org), you will be charged 3.5% processing fee. After you pay, a receipt will be emailed to you automatically.
- If you pay online with Chase Quickpay, Zelle, or plan to mail us a check, follow the instructions below:
- Click “Skip this step” on the bottom left and an invoice will be emailed to you automatically.
- Manual Pay – No Additional Charge
- Chase Quickpay or Zelle* (email@example.com) or
- Mail us a check – payable to “Momentum learning Academy”, mail to 2442 Settlers Way Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77479
- A receipt will be sent out after we receive your payment (it may take 1-2 business days to process manual payments)
* Zelle – Any bank that is a part of Zelle (Bank of America, BBVA Compass, Capitol One, Citi, Comerica Bank, Morgan Stanley, PNC, SunTrust, TD Bank, Wells Fargo, etc.).
Note: If you sign up online classes, an invite email with instructions will be sent out from Instructure Canvas (not from Momentum) to the student’s email address (not the parent’s) 1-2 days prior to the class (after we receive the payment).
Refund Policy for Online Classes: No refunds after the 3rd class. Students are allowed to drop before third class (1st and 2nd classes will be charged).
Fall Semester: 12 weeks of classes unless otherwise noted
- First class: September 7 – 13 (Saturday – Friday)
- Last class: December 2 – 8 (Monday – Sunday)
- No class during Thanksgiving Week (November 23 – Dec 1, 2019)
- We need a minimum of 3-4 students to start a class
- $40 non-refundable registration fee (2019 fall – 2020 summer)
Early Bird Discount
- $25 discount per student if paid by July 31, 2019
- $10 late fee per student if paid after August 24, 2019