CM301 – Contest Math Level 3 (Beginner)
Description: This class is intended for students who are new to problem solving and math competitions. This class will help students to learn concepts and techniques beyond the school curriculum. Students who wish to enroll this class are expected to be familiar with pre-algebra topics (operation with integers, fractions, exponents and solve basic equations) and/or have completed our CM201 course. CM 301 also helps students improve their scores on math contests such as AMC 8, Chapter MATHCOUNTS etc.
Homework: A 10-15 question problem set will be assigned by the end of each class. Students are expected to spend about 2 hours per week outside the class to finish the homework.
What will be covered:
- Arithmetic Properties 1 (Parity, Consecutive Integers)
- Arithmetic Properties 2 (Exponents, Radicals)
- Solving Equations (Linear, Non-Linear Equations, Quadratics)
- System of Equations
- Algebraic Manipulations
- Word Problems
- Number Theory (Factorization, Divisors, Divisibility, Modular Arithmetic)
- Sequence and Series
- Regular attendance is essential and expected.
- Students are expected to complete their weekly homework before each class.
Who should skip this course
- Students who scored 17+ on 2018 AMC 8