CM300: Middle School TMSCA (Number Sense/General Math) and AMC8
Description: This course helps 6th to 8th graders to participate in the American Mathematics Competition (AMC8), TMSCA (General Math and Number Sense), MATHCOUNTS and Math League for middle school. With the help of our experienced teachers, students develop strong problem solving skills that will help them perform better in the competitions.
Homework: A homework set will be assigned by the end of each class. Students are expected to spend about 1-2 hours per week outside the class to finish the homework.
What will be covered:
- Number Theory (Divisibility, Prime Numbers)
- Number Theory (Number of Divisors, Modular Arithmetic)
- Algebra (Solving System of Equations, World Problems )
- Algebra (Algebraic Manipulations, Quadratic Equations)
- Sequence and Series
- Problem Solving Tactics
- Angles and Angles Relationship
- Similarity and Area Relations
- Quadrilaterals and Polygons
- Counting I
- Counting II
- Miscellaneous Problem Solving
Who should skip this course: Students who scored 15+ on AMC 8 or who are familiar with TMSCA.