CM200 – Elementary School Contest Math
This one-year (two semesters) course is intended for students who enjoy solving challenging mathematical problems while expanding their knowledge beyond regular classroom settings. This class also helps young students to improve their study skills such as note taking, presenting solutions etc. As our other problems solving courses, this is not a boot camp for any particular competition. However, students who participate our programs perform well in them. Number sense will be covered in this class.
Who should take this course
Students who would like to improve their problem solving skills and improve scores in competitions such as Math League, TMSCA etc.
Homework will be assigned for each class. Students are expected to spend about 1-2 hours per week outside the class to finish the homework.
What will be covered
- Multiplication Division Review
- Negative Numbers
- Algebraic Expressions
- Ratios and Rates
- Prime Factorization and Divisors
- Solving Linear Equations-Part 1
- Solving Linear Equations – Part 2
- Exponents, Operations with Exponents
- Radical Expressions
- Right Triangles
- Counting and Probability
- Regular attendance is essential and expected.
- Students are expected to bring pencils, eraser, notebook, and a calculator.
Who should skip this course
Students who scored 250+ on TMSCA Number Sense and 150+ on TMSCA General Math or 150+ on MathLeague.org contests